[GRASS-dev] [grass-code R][522] creation time in select raster/vector GUI

grass-dev at grass.itc.it grass-dev at grass.itc.it
Mon Oct 29 08:49:10 EDT 2007

code R item #522, was opened at 2007-10-29 12:49
Issue status: None
GRASS component: gis.m
Operating system: Linux
Operating system version: debian

Initial Comment:
hello,

I wanted to find a raster which I created quit recently but I forgot the name, hence an order function "order by creation time" would be very handy.

This funktion would be in the GUI for raster/vector selection; like in file browsers.

e.g. creation time to order rasters from new to old or in the future something more sophisticated like: order by processing step (last command r.in.gdal or r.mapcalc or r....) - this way it would be more easier to order raster/vector by their attributes.

*just dreaming * in the far future it would be nice to reopen various processing steps (in the history of one single raster), modify them and rerun the history - but that's just an idea, which I had when I found little errors in bash-scripts.

Martin