[GRASS-dev] Wingrass and TclTk

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Mon Oct 29 08:52:25 EDT 2007

OK, I did some more testing.

Moritz' binaries work just fine: NVIZ comes up no problem.
This is interesting, because I am using the same Tcl binaries
that my own GRASS 6.3 compilation also uses. This means
there is nothing wrong with Tcl/Tk itself.

I then copied Moritz' GRASS binaries into my MSYS file structure.
Starting grass from an MSYS shell again gives me the same
NVIZ crash.

So it seems there is something wrong in the NVIZ environment.
Maybe a wrong version of some DLL taking precedence when
I start sh.exe. This also results in another Tcl/Tk problem:
GRASS modules don't show the Tk input GUIs. When I start
a GRASS modules from MSYS' sh.exe w/o options, I only get
the help description dumped to the console.
Again, w/o MSYS all is OK.

Sound familiar to anyone?
Could some GRASS startup script be involved?

Best,

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.