[GRASS-dev] Wingrass and TclTk

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Oct 30 09:13:03 EDT 2007

> I would hope to get any significant problems with Windows (other than
> monitor drivers) sorted out for the 6.3.0 release.

The few remaining things on my list include:

- r.los crashes on Win32
- progress bars do not work in module forms (get filled to 100% when
the process finishes)
- fiddling with the system paths in grass63.bat is too difficult. Would
be better if the user needed to set only one variable to where
GRASS is installed and everything else gets figured out from there.
Even better would be if grass63.bat could set the paths relative to
its own position in the filesystem, so that the user does not need
to edit it at all.
- I also find it annoying that gis.m starts up in the foreground
and blocks command line input until you quit it.

... all not a real reason to delay the release of 6.3.0 though,
I'd think.

I can now confirm that NVIZ works fine with open source Tcl/Tk.

Cheers,

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.