[GRASS-dev] Wingrass and TclTk

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Oct 30 11:06:06 EDT 2007

On 30/10/07 14:13, Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> The few remaining things on my list include:

> - fiddling with the system paths in grass63.bat is too difficult. Would
> be better if the user needed to set only one variable to where
> GRASS is installed and everything else gets figured out from there.
> Even better would be if grass63.bat could set the paths relative to
> its own position in the filesystem, so that the user does not need
> to edit it at all.

I'm not sure I understand this. I don't need to fiddle at all with
system paths in grass63.bat to get it to work. Could you explain what
exactly is the problem ?

> - I also find it annoying that gis.m starts up in the foreground
> and blocks command line input until you quit it.

Have you been able to get gis.m to run from cmd.exe ? I haven't and I
think we need a gis.m.bat.

> I can now confirm that NVIZ works fine with open source Tcl/Tk.

Great !
Could you give the details of which tcl/tk version, from where and how
you compiled it ? Do you have binaries we could distribute ?

Moritz