[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS curses issue

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Oct 31 11:28:08 EDT 2007

Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> I just noticed another, more severe problem on Windows:
>
> I can only use ESC key sequences in the first interactive text input
> window. When I progress to the next one, they don't work
> anymore. This means that I cannot create a new location
> from scratch under WinGRASS, because I can exit the
> first screen (the one asking for names) with ESC+ENTER,
> but the next one (the one for setting the default region)
> does not interpret EST+ENTER correctly anymore, meaning
> I can only quit it with CTRL+C!
>
> This happens with my GRASS binaries and Moritz'

That would appear to be a problem with the curses implementation.

The Esc-Enter behaviour is part of the vask library (V_call(), in
lib/vask/V_call.c). If it works in some cases and not others, I'm not
sure what can be done.

I still don't have a working Windows system, so I'm unable to debug it
myself.