[GRASS-dev] Wingrass and TclTk

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 18:26:53 EDT 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> If you have a particular audience that needs a series of add-ons and
> tweaks than you can provide a special package for them, but I prefer to
> distribute a simple package without any unnecessary additions (and I
> consider msys an unnecessary addition in this context as there is hardly
> anything you cannot do without scripts - it just might not be as
> convienient). Don't assume that everyone has the same needs as you.

the scripts can be rather important. e.g. v.db.addtable & v.db.addcol vs. raw
SQL + db.execute or v.dissolve, r.shaded.relief, ... I'd add r.in.wms to that
list but it is as unix reqs as you get.

by the way windows_launch.bat should go in lib/init/ not scripts/

> My point above concerning msys being unnecessary is obviously arguable
> and if there is a general opinion that we should include it, we can (but
> without any need to change the grass63.bat except for uncommenting the
> line about where to find sh.exe and another to set the necessary PATH).

we should make a list of the minimal set of needed commands, eg
awk
cat
cut
expr