[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][470] i.atcorr: hardcoded input/output map names

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 07:46:56 EDT 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> I think that i.attcor in it's current shape should not be a part
> of the planned GRASS 6.3 release.

Note the 6.3.0 release will be a development preview, not a stable
release.

Thus it shouldn't be a shock to folks if a few things don't work as
expected, as we are clearly labeling that it is only beta-ware.

While it reflects badly on the project when users find things that
don't work, I don't think we should make huge efforts to make 6.3.0
perfect, better to spend that energy fixing problems directly in CVS.

In CVS terms, 6.3.0 will be a tag not a branch. (AFAIU)

As for i.attcor, it's easy enough to change the Makefile before tagging
6.3.0, then back afterwards if that is the general consensus. I express no
opinion on the module as I've never used it.

Hamish