[GRASS-dev] Add addon menu files to Tcl GUI menu?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Sep 4 11:48:31 EDT 2007

Something that got pushed back in my head, I'd like to get this in
the 6.3 release.  I have the OSX app startup generating tcl menu
files (similar to GEM menu files) for the OSX addon folders.  Can you
get these into gmmenu.tcl?

OSX app addon menus are in:

$HOME/Library/GRASS/$GRASS_VER/Modules/etc/gm/addons

where $GRASS_VER is the major.minor version of the running GRASS.
They are named with a .menu extension and are generated automatically
on startup.  I'm thinking there should also be a user-customizable
menu that won't get zapped on every startup, maybe etc/gm/user.menu.

When you settle on a way to extend the python gui menu, I'll do a
similar thing for that.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.