[GRASS-dev] Re: Add addon menu files to Tcl GUI menu?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Sep 6 19:02:38 EDT 2007

William,

I don't currently have a way to get these into gmmenu.tcl in such a way as
to have them show up on a Mac but not be a problem on other systems that
don't have this new feature. Do you have any suggestions along these lines?

Michael

On 9/4/07 8:48 AM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:

> Something that got pushed back in my head, I'd like to get this in
> the 6.3 release.  I have the OSX app startup generating tcl menu
> files (similar to GEM menu files) for the OSX addon folders.  Can you
> get these into gmmenu.tcl?
>
> OSX app addon menus are in:
>
> $HOME/Library/GRASS/$GRASS_VER/Modules/etc/gm/addons
>
> where $GRASS_VER is the major.minor version of the running GRASS.
> They are named with a .menu extension and are generated automatically
> on startup.  I'm thinking there should also be a user-customizable
> menu that won't get zapped on every startup, maybe etc/gm/user.menu.
>
> When you settle on a way to extend the python gui menu, I'll do a
> similar thing for that.
>
> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.

Director of Graduate Studies
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671