[GRASS-dev] animation missing pnmscale

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Sep 8 19:27:55 EDT 2007

Check the source/macosx readme.  I have build instructions there for
the netpbm tools source (it's an annoying one to build).  Knowing
this tool is needed, I'll add it to my bundling for binaries when you
get the xganim.tcl working (I already bundle a few other netpbm tools
for other GRASS modules).

On Sep 8, 2007, at 5:26 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Glynn,
>
> I've made a lot of progress getting your TclTk replacement for
> Xganim into the GUI. However, I haven't been able to make it
> animate anything. I finally tracked this down to the line...
>
> catch {exec r.out.ppm input=$name output=- 2>@stderr | pnmscale
> $vscale >$tmpfile 2>@stderr}
>
> This requires a program pnmscale. I don't have pnmscale. Does it
> comes with GRASS and I somehow don't have it or is it a 3rd party
> program?
>
> Michael

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy