[GRASS-dev] animation missing pnmscale

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Sep 9 00:00:35 EDT 2007

I thought that of the (main?) goals of doing a TclTk animation replacement
for Xganim was so that we no longer needed motif/lesstif as a GRASS
dependency. While the TclTk animator is nicer looking than xganim, if
pnmscale is required, we just replace one dependency with another one. Maybe
there is another way to do this???

Michael

On 9/8/07 4:27 PM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:

> Check the source/macosx readme.  I have build instructions there for
> the netpbm tools source (it's an annoying one to build).  Knowing
> this tool is needed, I'll add it to my bundling for binaries when you
> get the xganim.tcl working (I already bundle a few other netpbm tools
> for other GRASS modules).
>
> On Sep 8, 2007, at 5:26 PM, Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> Glynn,
>>
>> I've made a lot of progress getting your TclTk replacement for
>> Xganim into the GUI. However, I haven't been able to make it
>> animate anything. I finally tracked this down to the line...
>>
>> catch {exec r.out.ppm input=$name output=- 2>@stderr | pnmscale
>> $vscale >$tmpfile 2>@stderr}
>>
>> This requires a program pnmscale. I don't have pnmscale. Does it
>> comes with GRASS and I somehow don't have it or is it a 3rd party
>> program?
>>
>> Michael
>>
> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> [Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
> robot?
>
> [Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
> if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
> I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
> answer...
>
> - HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity