[GRASS-dev] configure fails

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Sep 23 14:59:18 EDT 2007

Trying to compile under mingw, I get the following error during configure:

"checking whether the Fortran 77 compiler (gfortran
-Wl,--export-dynamic,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: Fortran 77
compiler cannot create executables"

I see that this is related to Brad's and Markus' changes of today. Does
this mean that the fortran compiler in mingw is not sufficient ? Or is
this an error in the configure file ? Also, do I absolutely need a fortran
complier ?
For what ?

Reverting to the previous versions of configure.in and configure it runs
without a problem.

Moritz