[GRASS-dev] Installing GRASS on cygwin

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Sep 27 23:15:37 EDT 2007

Duffy, Garret wrote:

> I'm having issues installing GRASS on cygwin running on Windows.
> I execute the configure script below successfully and with no errors.
>
> CFLAGS="-g -Wall" ./configure  --with-includes=c:/msys/local/include \
> --with-libs=c:/msys/local/lib  --with-python

References to MSys and the use of Windows-style pathnames are both
incorrect if you're building for Cygwin.

The --with-includes and --with-libs switches should be removed. If
configure fails due to missing dependencies, you need to install the
appropriate Cygwin packages. Using MSys packages won't work.