[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #117: r.digit fails if launched from menu

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Apr 4 23:17:18 EDT 2008

GRASS GIS wrote:

> #117: r.digit fails if launched from menu
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  4everskiff  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>       Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
>  Component:  default     |     Version:  6.3.0 RCs
> Resolution:              |    Keywords:
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
> Comment (by hamish):
>
>  I changed grass-xterm-wrapper to automatically look for rxvt if xterm is
>  not there (r30863)*, but I have zero idea at all how grass-xterm-wrapper
>  should be handled for  native MS Windows installs

You can use "start" to run a command in a new console window.

You need to consume all of the switches up to and including -e, e.g.:

	#!/bin/sh
	# xterm "emulator" for Windows
	while [ "$1" != "-e" ] ; do shift ; done
	shift
	exec start "$@"

>  (but guarantee-xmon is
>  useless there anyway, as there is no xmons, so don't bother?).

There are presumably other cases which use grass-xterm-wrapper, but
it wouldn't surprise me if every one of them did something which
wouldn't work on Windows.