[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #110: db/drivers/dbf fail to build due to undefined reference to 'SASetupDefaultHooks' (SHAPELIB)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Apr 12 17:29:18 EDT 2008

#110: db/drivers/dbf fail to build due to undefined reference to
'SASetupDefaultHooks' (SHAPELIB)
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  marisn    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Component:  default   |     Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:            |    Keywords:  dbf
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by warmerdam):

 I'm not keen on applying the decoration idea in GDAL or shapelib upstream.
 But manually renaming the functions in the copy kept in GRASS would avoid
 any problems.

 Alternatively we could treat shapelib more as an external dependency (at
 least optionally) for GDAL and GRASS so one copy can be easily shared.

 Potentially GRASS could also just depend on GDAL for it's shapelib instead
 of having an embedded copy.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/110#comment:16>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>