[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #110: db/drivers/dbf fail to build due to undefined reference to 'SASetupDefaultHooks' (SHAPELIB)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Apr 13 15:54:26 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > >  [please respond in trac, grass-dev cannot post to trac]
> >
> > Actually, I'd really prefer it if we could keep discussions on the
> > mailing list. trac can be updated when issues get resolved.
>

> The issue is (here) that eg Even Rouault (GDAL developer) who responded to
> the DBF ticket AFAIK does not read the grass-dev list,

There is an archive:

	http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/

> likewise FrankW
> likely
> prefers tickets over scattered discussion in our archive.

Would it be possible for trac to automatically add a link for the
mailing-list thread to the ticket?

> Right now, my grass-dev folder consists mostly of posts by "GRASS
> > GIS", with no threading.
>

> We can rename it to "GRASS trac" easily (in Admin). Makes more sense.

The point is that it doesn't tell you who actually posted the message.
This makes it awkward to find a particular message in a long thread.

> For me threading works. The headers contain the relevant tags:

All responses are treated as replies to the original report, rather
than as a reply to a specific message.