R: [GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0 to be released

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Apr 16 04:20:57 EDT 2008

Moritz Lennert wrote:

> > It would be good also for me, even if it would better if we release it on
> > next week tough (I'm very busy now). BTW, there are few thing to do for me,
> > just some improvements for windows installer...
> >
> > Martin, do you think that we could add the needed python files into the
> > 6.3.0 windows package, in order to let users start the pyGUI without the
> > need to install python stuffs by themselves?
>
> -1
>
> I don't think we should bloat the installer with everything that people
> might need. It really is not difficult to download and install the
> python installers...

I would suggest two installers: one for GRASS alone, and one for the
various dependencies (PROJ, GDAL, MSys, ...). The idea is that you
shouldn't have to download all of the dependencies each time a new
version of GRASS is released.

An ideal solution would be to use Cygwin's Setup utility, but I don't
know how much work would be involved.