R: R: [GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0 to be released

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 04:47:15 EDT 2008

Marco,

2008/4/16, marco.pasetti at alice.it <marco.pasetti at alice.it>:
> > Martin, do you think that we could add the needed python files into the
> > 6.3.0 windows package, in order to let users start the pyGUI without the
> > need to install python stuffs by themselves?
>
> -1
>
> I don't think we should bloat the installer with everything that people
> might need. It really is not difficult to download and install the
> python installers...
>
> The only thing we could consider is to add an option to automatically
> download and install the python stuff, but not add it to our installer
> directly.

I agree here with Moritz. Python/wxPython installation process on
Windows seems to me to be quite simple. I would not expect that the
user how is not able to install e.g. Python will be able to use GRASS
at the end;-)

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *