[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0 to be released

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 16 09:04:29 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:28 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>  > (to continue on this thread)
>  >
>  > After 6 release candidates, even tested on MS-Windows,
>  > I don't see any real blockers any more. I suggest to get out
>  > 6.3.0 this week and proceed with change to 6.4.release_branch/7.0.svn.
>  >
>  > We can have 6.3.1 if needed.
>  >
>  > Sounds ok?
>
>  to me, trac bug #72 is a blocker (PNG driver rendering offset)
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/72
>
>  even spearfish fields map looks bad (vertical slivers) when displayed in
>  the GUI.

given the answer by Glynn:
  http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2008-April/037267.html
do you want to keep your veto?

I fear that we never go ahead like this.

>  As promised, I will work on rewriting the release announcement in the
>  next day or two.
>

>  other lower priority things todo:
>
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=6.3.0

OK, low priority, so we can do it in 6.3.1. It's a *technology preview*, nothing
else what we want to publish now. Bugfree software of this size does not exist.

>   http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_6.3_Feature_Plan#6.3.0_final

Can you revise your opinion?

Markus