[GRASS-dev] web svn

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Apr 19 00:35:31 EDT 2008

Hamish wrote:

> > > any reason to retain the /trunk/ part of the grass-web SVN?
> Glynn:
> > How else would you check out the trunk?
>
> grass-web has no branches or tags, so trunk is redundant.
>
> -svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-web/trunk/
> +svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-web/
>
> > > Can we move the contents ../
> >
> > If you did that, checking out https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/ would
> > check out all of the branches and tags as subdirectories alongside the
> > code from the trunk.
>
> I mean https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-web/trunk/,
> not /grass/grass/trunk/. they are two different repos.

Right; I initially overlooked the fact that you were referring to
grass-web rather than grass.

But, if you're bothering to keep the website under version control,
you may as well keep the option to at least create tags (branches
probably wouldn't be useful, although you can never say for sure).

Or, is the only reason for keeping the website in SVN to provide an
easy way for people to edit it?

[That would be mildly ironic, as SVN's remote repositories are
implemented using WebDAV, which was originally designed for editing
websites.]