[GRASS-dev] web svn

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 18:21:32 EDT 2008

> Hamish wrote:
> > any reason to retain the /trunk/ part of the grass-web SVN?
Glynn:
> How else would you check out the trunk?

grass-web has no branches or tags, so trunk is redundant.

-svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-web/trunk/
+svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-web/

> > Can we move the contents ../
>
> If you did that, checking out https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/ would
> check out all of the branches and tags as subdirectories alongside the
> code from the trunk.

I mean https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-web/trunk/,
not /grass/grass/trunk/. they are two different repos.

> > just like the grass-addons repo?
>
> It's grass-addons which is wrong; AFAICT, there is no way to create
> branches or tags for it.

I suppose it is possible that you might want to tag a snapshot of both
the website and the addons. e.g. when we go to sea for some field
equipment the manufacturer provides a full copy of their website contents
on CD so you can look up FAQs etc even with no internet access. I suppose
the same problem exists for many field researchers.
But would you really need to tag that? why not just burn the latest
checkout with a timestamp in the dir name.

Hamish