R: [GRASS-dev] 6.3.0 is out! please prepare binaries...

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Apr 21 12:21:28 EDT 2008

marco.pasetti at alice.it wrote:

> that means that I should wait for an updated release tarball and
> rebuild?
> shall I build from SVN trunk to check out that all is working correctly
> on Win?
> that will take approx 3 hours, so, if I need to re-build from an
> unpadated tarball later, consider that the *SVN build check* would delay
> my binary release.

You don't necessarily need to wait for updated sources, or to rebuild
everything from scratch.

In imagery/Makefile, just change the line:

	SUBDIRS1 = \
to:
	SUBDIRS = \

then run:

	make -C imagery

to compile the additional modules. Follow that with "make install" if
that's how you normally build the package.

That should add the following files (relative to $GISBASE):

	bin/i.atcorr.exe
	bin/i.cca.exe
	bin/i.cluster.exe
	bin/i.gensig.exe
	bin/i.gensigset.exe
	bin/i.group.exe
	bin/i.his.rgb.exe
	bin/i.maxlik.exe
	bin/i.pca.exe
	bin/i.rectify.exe
	bin/i.rgb.his.exe
	bin/i.smap.exe
	bin/i.target.exe
	docs/html/i.atcorr.html
	docs/html/i.cca.html
	docs/html/i.cluster.html
	docs/html/i.gensig.html
	docs/html/i.gensigset.html
	docs/html/i.group.html
	docs/html/i.his.rgb.html
	docs/html/i.maxlik.html
	docs/html/i.pca.html
	docs/html/i.rectify.html
	docs/html/i.rgb.his.html
	docs/html/i.smap.html
	docs/html/i.target.html
	etc/i.ask.exe
	etc/i.find.exe
	lib/libgrass_ismap.a

At least, that's what I get on Cygwin; also, note that the files:

	docs/html/photo.camera.html
	docs/html/photo.camera.png

are re-installed, but are unchanged.