[GRASS-dev] 6.3.0 is out! please prepare binaries...

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 04:07:46 EDT 2008

Glynn:
> > > Note: most of the imagery modules are missing in 6.3.0.
Hamish:
> > lesson 1: Hamish needs to test his Makefile changes with a full clean
Glynn:
> That only helps if you actually check that everything which is
> supposed to exist actually does so. The change didn't result in any
> visible errors; a bunch of modules just didn't get compiled.

post-mortem: I only cleaned i.fft and i.points or so and checked to see
that they still built after the change. I didn't clean the entire dir as
I didn't think the other modules were involved (wrong). So modules were
still there for me... just for the wrong reasons. I hadn't backported it
but once that happened anyway I replied that I thought it would be ok.

maybe something to add to the testsuite? time to revive work on that?

oh well, moving on... do we tag a 6.3.1 and note somewhere at the bottom
of the page that 6.3.0 was withdrawn, or IIUC tags and branches are just
different repos as far as SVN is concerned, so could we just checkout the
tag's imagery/Makefile and do a little revisionist releasing and stay
with the 6.3.0 name? Existing 6.3.0 tarballs + MD5sums should be removed
from the website ASAP. no point in keeping them, they just waste space.

Hamish