[GRASS-dev] 6.3.0 is out! please prepare binaries...

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 04:18:47 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:
> To avoid a mess, we'll do 6.3.0.1 after

sounds like a good plan. 6.3.0.tar.gz should still be withdrawn.

> - backport of missing scripts as needed for Windows native (todo)

that means that help page index building script needs to be edited to
ignore p.* and the other modules. Otherwise you get an unwanted "Paint
Modules" section in the module section list, and duplicates in the other
sections. ... ugliness.

Rather than risk mistakes in that complicated shell script, I would
prefer to try the ln with $(full path)/$(PGM) for source in the module
Makefiles (this happens just after the module is built so no time for a
relative link to be moved or pwd to be changed), or just ignore the
problem- backwards compatibility is less of an issue for native Windows
as we have never released there before. Or Marco can just copy the files
to the new name for a half-solution when he builds.

Hamish