[GRASS-dev] Re: R: Linking gdal 1.5.1 in mingw

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Apr 22 05:26:21 EDT 2008

 <marco.pasetti <at> alice.it> writes:

> Hi Joel,
>
> >Has any one successfully compiled GDAL 1.5.1 using the above guide?
>
> yes, sure, I never publish anything if I don't check it's actually working
> did you hacked gdal-1.5.1\GNUmakefile?

Not the makefile, I think: see below.

> Marco Pasetti
>

> Da: grass-dev-bounces <at> lists.osgeo.org per conto di Joel PittInviato:
mar 22/04/2008 10.54A: Grass Developers ListOggetto: [GRASS-dev] Linking
gdal 1.5.1 in mingw

> Hi all,I've struggled with this for most of today, so thought see if
anyonehere had any clues to my troubles.I'm following the below guide to
compile GRASS and related librariesfrom scratch on Windows using
MinGW:http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/grass/BuildFromSource.htmlI've
gotten up to compiling GDAL, but it doesn't link... saying:-

-----------------

The specific problem is that the libtools builder file is broken in 1.5.*,
and at line 5658 or thereabouts in ltmain.sh, you see an

$ECHO "$obj" >> $output

which needs an inserted

$ECHO "$obj" | ${SED} -e 's/^.*gdal-[0-9].[0-9].[0-9]/\./' >> $output

to edit out the unneeded path name. This was found by inspecting the
$output file (it is deleted quickly, so you have to grab it while it
is there), but I'm open to alternative fixes.

Roger

When I check for the missing
file,/usr/local/src/gdal-1.5.1/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/o/.libs/arraylist.o seems
tobe sitting there with appropriate permissions and all.Looking around,
alot of the GDAL compilation guides say to configureusing
"--without-libtool" but that just results in lots of undefinedreferences.
Has any one successfully compiled GDAL 1.5.1 using the above guide?Thanks
in advance for any help,J