[GRASS-dev] 6.3.0 is out! please prepare binaries...

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Apr 22 09:44:29 EDT 2008

Hamish wrote:

> > - backport of missing scripts as needed for Windows native (todo)
>
> that means that help page index building script needs to be edited to
> ignore p.* and the other modules. Otherwise you get an unwanted "Paint
> Modules" section in the module section list, and duplicates in the other
> sections. ... ugliness.

Do you want p.out.vrml or not? If it exists in any form (symlink,
script, copy, whatever), there should be an entry for it in the paint
section.

OTOH, if you want to kill of that section for good, simply don't
provide p.out.vrml in any form.

> Rather than risk mistakes in that complicated shell script, I would
> prefer to try the ln with $(full path)/$(PGM) for source in the module
> Makefiles (this happens just after the module is built so no time for a
> relative link to be moved or pwd to be changed),

A full path is just wrong. If a symlink is created, it should contain
a simple filename with no path.

For the manual page, either copy the description.html file for the
underlying command to the script directory, or create a trivial, HTML
file which just says "this is an alias for <other module>".