[GRASS-dev] SVN version number

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 06:11:25 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,
Updating from SVN this morning I see that the version number is now
6.4.svn - I'm not sure if that's right? I thought it should be 6.3.svn
until a release branch for 6.4 is created, and the version number on that
branch will be 6.4.svn. At that point the version on develbranch_6, which
will be in operation by then, will become 6.5.svn (although there might
not ever be any 6.5 releases, similar to 5.5).
It is all a bit confusing though since we've started partially abandoning
the odd-development/stable-release system.
Any thoughts?

Paul