[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS 7 development started

Ivan Shmakov ivan at theory.asu.ru
Tue Apr 29 00:56:17 EDT 2008

[...]

 > My personal preference is:

 > indent -bad -bap -bbb -bl -bli0 -bls -cli0 -cs -fc1 -hnl -i4 -l79 \
 >     -nbbo -nbc -nbfda -nbfde -ncdb -ncdw -nce -nfca -npcs -nprs \
 >     -npsl -nsc -nsob -saf -sai -saw -sbi0 -ss -ts8 -ut

 > Descriptions of the above options are given below, although it may be
 > more clear to just apply the above command to a bunch of files and
 > look at them.

 > Others will presumably have different preferences; in which case
 > please express them sooner rather than later.

[...]

 > -bl, --braces-after-if-line Put braces on line after if, etc.

	While I don't care much about the other options, I dislike this
	particular choice as error-prone.  It's much easier to move or
	copy the { } block without the `if' statement (and get a still
	syntactically-valid code) in this case:

if (...)
{
}

	than it's in this:

if (...) {
}

	The same applies to:

do
{
}
while (...);

	vs.:

do {
} while (...);

	And, to a lesser extent, to `struct', `union' and `enum'
	definitions.

	(This, however, doesn't apply to the function bodies.)

[...]