[GRASS-dev] Re: status of compiling on the Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 6 00:22:07 EDT 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 10:49 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> I just compiled GRASS 7 trunk with the configure string I showed
> you. One thing interesting is that, in spite of updates and make
> distclean, my edit to platform.make of weeks ago has never changed
> and so I've never had to re-edit the TCLTKLIB line.

So, it has stayed with the -framework flags?  Odd.  I just configured
with a clean trunk and got the usual -ltcl -ltk.

> The compilation went just fine except for the normal errors in lib/
> nviz and vdigit. By default, it started up in TclTk 8.4 xwin--in
> spite of specifying the 8.5 includes, etc.

Indeed, GRASS defaults to 'wish'.  TclTk built from source, and the
ActiveTcl, install as 'wish8.4' or 'wish8.5'.  This was one reason for
my old TCLTKVERSION, so it could be set in the OSX app startup.

> However, if I simply renamed a copy of wish8.5 to wish (probably a
> symlink would work too) and put it into $GISBASE/bin, it pops up in
> TclTk 8.5 aqua.
>
> With this configure, NVIZ always comes up in TclTk 8.5 aqua.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect