[GRASS-dev] Re: status of compiling on the Mac

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Aug 5 23:49:25 EDT 2008

I just compiled GRASS 7 trunk with the configure string I showed you.
One thing interesting is that, in spite of updates and make distclean,
my edit to platform.make of weeks ago has never changed and so I've
never had to re-edit the TCLTKLIB line.

The compilation went just fine except for the normal errors in lib/
nviz and vdigit. By default, it started up in TclTk 8.4 xwin--in spite
of specifying the 8.5 includes, etc.

However, if I simply renamed a copy of wish8.5 to wish (probably a
symlink would work too) and put it into $GISBASE/bin, it pops up in
TclTk 8.5 aqua.

With this configure, NVIZ always comes up in TclTk 8.5 aqua.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University