r.support [was: Re: [GRASS-dev] Re: 7.x Status Update (Glynn Clements)]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Aug 8 08:58:59 EDT 2008

On 07/08/08 23:33, Glynn Clements wrote:

>>> r.support already allows non-interactive editing of most of the meta-data,
>>> including history (r.support map history="xyz"), so wouldn't it be enought
>>> to "just" disable the interactive functionality ?
>> modhist -> metadata
>>
>> It's fundamental to maintain at a minimal level (this needs to be improved)
>> metadata of maps. Don't remove, please (the cmd line version).
>
> I have salvaged the non-interactive portions of r.support.
>
> It has three new flags to replace certain interactive yes/no prompts:
>
>   -s   Update statistics (histogram, range)
>   -n   Create/reset the null file
>   -d   Delete the null file
>
> I'll look into importing/exporting the history next.

BTW, should history and metadeta really be one and the same ? Shouldn't
they be separate ? Maybe extend the "description" to multi-line for
general descriptive meta-data and leave history for command history ?

And r.info should not call the history "comments", but "history".

Just a thought...

Moritz