[GRASS-dev] Re: testing d.thematic.area - problem

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Aug 12 14:01:48 EDT 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 12:40 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Moritz,
>
> I just installed your tarball, did a make clean, make, and make
> install.
>
> I got the same error when I tried to run d.thematic.area
>
> GRASS 6.4.svn (Spearfish60_test):~ > d.thematic.area
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _G_gisinit
>  Referenced from: /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/
> bin/d.thematic.area
>  Expected in: /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/
> libgrass_gis.dylib
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: _G_gisinit
>  Referenced from: /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/
> bin/d.thematic.area
>  Expected in: /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/
> libgrass_gis.dylib
>
> Trace/BPT trap

Maybe something is wrong with your libgrass_gis?  What does this say:

nm -mjg /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/
libgrass_gis.dylib | grep _G_gisinit

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy