[GRASS-dev] default icon set in wxGUI

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 04:24:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

2008/8/13 Robert Szczepanek <grass at szczepanek.pl>:
> As my voice in this discussion I made some
> http://www.szczepanek.pl/icons.grass/v.0.1/ new icons  and compared them

Great to know that you are still working on this issue.

> with both sets you are talking about. Silk icons are nicer from design point
> of view, but I agree with Michael - they are less intuitive.

Sure, silk is not GIS oriented icon set. I tried to choose the best
icons for given task. Maybe you can find more appropriate one, no
problem to replace given silk icon in this stage of wxGUI development.

> New icon set preparation must consider ongoing discussion on
> http://www.nabble.com/terminology-issues-in-grass7-to18875472.html
> terminology issues  and I hope to complete it (with your help) by beginning
> of October. When do you plan to release GRASS 7?

GRASS 7 is out of the range now, till the end of the year we plan to
release GRASS 6.4 (November/December). So maybe you could focus your
effort on GRASS 6.4.

> Q: Why "Add RGB raster layer" icon
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p18955972/channel-rgb.gif  has three layers in
> both versions? We add just one layer.

The layer is composed from the three different layers (used for RGB channels).

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *