[GRASS-dev] default icon set in wxGUI

Robert Szczepanek grass at szczepanek.pl
Wed Aug 13 08:35:08 EDT 2008

Martin Landa-2 wrote:

> 2008/8/13 Robert Szczepanek <grass at szczepanek.pl>:
>
>> Q: Why "Add RGB raster layer" icon
>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p18955972/channel-rgb.gif  has three layers in
>> both versions? We add just one layer.
>
> The layer is composed from the three different layers (used for RGB
> channels).

Thank you Martin for your patience and in deep answers.
I read of course command description and run it.
My doubt was more general. Should we visualize input or output of command?
In my opinion output is more important and in this case as output we get
just one layer, which is added to workspace.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p18962179/layer_rgb_add.png
What about this kind of icon?
I just want to leave 3D icons for real 3D operations.

Concerning icon file names.
At the moment there is a mixture:
1. [file-new.gif] - Creates new workspace file
2. [module-d_008.gif] - Add shaded relief map layer
3. [gui-zoom_out.gif] - Zoom out

Question to programmers.
Should I just copy standard GRASS names or try to order it somehow.
Self-explaining names could lead to easier programming
(/icons/icon_set/easy_to_guess_name.png - just icon_set as variable) and
interface personalization in the future.

Robert