[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #259: wxGUI: visualization problems with multiple rasters and vectors. not stable bug...

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Aug 17 00:42:54 EDT 2008

On Aug 16, 2008, at 6:47 PM, GRASS GIS wrote:

> #259: wxGUI: visualization problems with multiple rasters and
> vectors. not stable
> bug...
> -----------------------
> +----------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  giohappy  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>      Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
> Component:  wxGUI     |     Version:  svn-develbranch6
> Resolution:            |    Keywords:
>  Platform:  Linux     |         Cpu:  x86-32
> -----------------------
> +----------------------------------------------------
> Comment (by cmbarton):
>
> I can confirm this behavior. It looks like recent changes have
> caused this
> to happen again. I just submitted a bug fix to the GRASS 6.4 and
> GRASS 7
> source trees that I hope will fix it for good. Could you please
> test? I'll
> keep this open until I hear back.

It looks like this didn't fix this problem. I'm not sure if it's a
rendering problem in in g.pnmcomp or something in the wxPython
rendering engine. Whenever more than 2-3 maps are overlayed, only the
top couple are displayed. The lower ones become completely obscured by
the upper ones--or are not rendered at all. The overlay flag is
checked for rasters and there should be no overlay issues with grids,
or vector lines/points anyway.

Michael