[GRASS-dev] Re: v.category: opt=del was changed

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 11:26:22 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/12/6 Maciej Sieczka <msieczka at sieczka.org>:

> $ v.category opt=print in=pts
> 1
> 2
> 3
>
> $ v.category opt=del in=pts out=pts_delcat
>
> $ v.category opt=print in=pts_delcat
> 2
> 3
>
> I.e. only category "1" is removed.

yes, only cat '1' is removed ('1' is default value for 'cat' parameter)

to remove all categories use 'cat=-1'

> Such a change in user interface is not acceptable for GRASS 6. By

well, you are right (reverted r34750).

> default all categories should be selected. I don't see a reason to
> change the default behaviour in GRASS 7 either.

new behaviour can be useful if you want to remove not all categories,
but only selected one (well, you can always use v.edit for that).

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *