[GRASS-dev] Re: v.category: opt=del was changed

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Sat Dec 6 12:15:45 EST 2008

Martin Landa pisze:
> 2008/12/6 Maciej Sieczka <msieczka at sieczka.org>:

>> Such a change in user interface is not acceptable for GRASS 6. By
>
> well, you are right (reverted r34750).

Cool.

>> default all categories should be selected. I don't see a reason to
>>  change the default behaviour in GRASS 7 either.
>
> new behaviour can be useful if you want to remove not all categories,
>  but only selected one (well, you can always use v.edit for that).

So, given that v.edit already provides the functionality of removing
selected categories only (tool=catdel cats=), I suggest to revert to old
v.category opt=del behavior in GRASS 7 as well. There is no big enough
reason to change the interface in this regard IMO. I don't insist though.

Cheers,
Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka