[GRASS-dev] G_percent() usage; freeze; backport "Fix bug in G_is_c_null_value()"?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 6 23:22:22 EST 2008

re r34762, etc.

G_percent() should stay at the start of the for loop. If the loop takes
a long time to run, 0% should print before the first iteration has begun,
and final 99/100% message in loop should not be printed before the last
iteration is complete. Otherwise it seems to stall at 99% done, etc.

and in general, IMO we should try start to freeze devbr6 for all but
bugfixes now, with or without releasebranch_6_4 being cut yet.
Otherwise we never finish.. In my mind the things to complete before
6.4.0rc1 were to finalize the module list and freeze the library API,
and we are ready to do that.

Other projects declare a (non buggy) message freeze as well, to let
the translation teams catch up before release. Do we want to do that
as well? Wait until last rc or 2 before final release for that??

Glynn: is r34747 "Fix bug in G_is_c_null_value()" to be backported?

thanks,
Hamish