[GRASS-dev] G_percent() usage; freeze; backport "Fix bug in G_is_c_null_value()"?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Dec 7 07:29:59 EST 2008

Hamish wrote:

> Glynn: is r34747 "Fix bug in G_is_c_null_value()" to be backported?

No; the change which introduced the bug (r34445) wasn't backported.

However, I suggest syncing G_is_c_null_value() (and possibly other
parts of null_val.c) to 7.0.

Doing this with "svn merge" isn't practical as some of the changes
were part of large-scale clean-ups (r34445, r34484).

The original code is over-complex as a result of trying to handle
arbitrary sizes for CELL, FCELL and DCELL. But I suspect that a lot
more than just null handling would break if those types weren't 4, 4
and 8 bytes respectively.

If you want to sync the whole file, you'll also need to sync the
prototypes in gisdefs.h, as some gratuitous "int" returns were changed
to "void". I don't think that anything actually checked the return
types, so it shouldn't be necessary to change anything else (unlike
e.g. G_get_window(), where many modules checked the return value even
though it would always be 1).