[GRASS-dev] r.watershed2 with MFD

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Dec 8 04:22:19 EST 2008

Markus Metz wrote:

> I can not commit to grass7 (no write access or too stupid), therefore I
> want to ask you developers if one of you could get the mfd module
> including .svn entries developed against grass7 from here
> http://markus.metz.giswork.googlepages.com/r.watershed.mfd.tar.gz
> and commit the changes to grass7. The code has been indented with
> grass_indent.sh
> Single flow direction method is unaltered.
> There is one global change in r.watershed, flow accumulation is now
> DCELL, no longer CELL.

I've committed this as r34789, and fixed a minor bug (missed
opt16/opt17 renumbering) in r34790.

I note a couple of compile warnings:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/grass/svn/raster/r.watershed/seg'

close_maps.c: In function `close_maps':
close_maps.c:103: warning: passing arg 1 of `cseg_close' from incompatible pointer type
close_maps.c:8: warning: unused variable `value'

no_stream.c: In function `no_stream':
no_stream.c:89: warning: passing arg 2 of `cseg_put' from incompatible pointer type

The first one is due to "wat" having been changed from CSEG to DSEG;
presumably it also needs a change from cseg_close to dseg_close?

The second is due to "value" having been changed from CELL to DCELL,
but still being stored in "haf" which is CSEG. The value being stored
is actually an integer; it appears that "value" was simply being used
as a temporary variable, so I presume that it would suffice to do:

-		value = basin_num - 1;
-		cseg_put(&haf, &value, row, col);
+		CELL tmp = basin_num - 1;
+		cseg_put(&haf, &tmp, row, col);

However, I don't want to make these changes without checking.