nviz_cmd - was Re: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #392: backport G_is_c_null_value() to devbr6

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Dec 19 14:20:28 EST 2008

On Dec 19, 2008, at 11:52 AM, <grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Markus and others:
>
> I have been mostly lurking on this discussion. Are there any reasons
> why we
> can't get the RC1 out today, besides the diverging comments? Do the
> module
> names really matter in an RC? I think that it should be a top
> priority to get
> *something* based on 6.4 into QGIS 1.0.
>
> Let me know if there is something I can do to make this happen.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dylan

Yes. Do RC1 now.

We can't rename d.3d to something else within the GRASS 6 series, so
we can't rename nviz_cmd to d.3d or something like it either. These
things can be done in GRASS 7.

nviz_cmd is part of the (in GRASS 6) experimental wxPython GUI. So we
can just leave things as is for now.

My 2 cents worth.

Michael