[GRASS-dev] NVIZ problem on Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Dec 20 13:07:46 EST 2008

On Dec 20, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Thanks for troubleshooting this William.
>
> I can't figure out why this is trying to use the system TclTk when
> 1) it was compiled against 8.5,

This is where the problem is - it's NOT compiling against 8.5, but the
system TclTk.  That's what the "binary images" section of the crashlog
is saying.

> 2) GRASS_WISH is set to wish8.5 so that all the *rest* of the GUI
> uses 8.5 instead of 8.4, and

The GUI doesn't care what version of TclTk was used to compile nviz.
And nviz doesn't care what the GUI uses.  So it won't matter what you
do at runtime, by now nviz is stuck with the system tcltk.

> 3) the same version that worked fine a few weeks ago stopped working.
>
> Michael

That's a mystery - why it suddenly started compiling with the system
tcltk.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy