[GRASS-dev] nviz broken for Mac OS X 10.5.6 and TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Dec 21 14:12:20 EST 2008

On Dec 21, 2008, at 12:57 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> William,
>
> I removed the symlinks, recompiled and nviz works fine. The GRASS
> TclTk GUI still starts up in x11 mode unless I set GRASS_WISH in
> my .profile. I have both aqua and x11 TclTk installed, so I guess I
> need to find someone without the x11 mode and see what happens.

Hmm, I wonder - you're X11 tcltk, is that in /usr/local/bin?  Or is
that the isolated /usr/local/tcltk from my past build instructions?
What does "type -p wish8.5" tell you in a Terminal?  What does "file /
usr/local/bin/wish8.5" say?

> It's good that you fixed this because I found that the symlinks
> trashed my TclTk for R; I had to reinstall it. Thanks for the quick
> fix.
>
> Cheers
> Michael

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy