[GRASS-dev] compile errors for GRASS 7 in Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Dec 21 17:15:06 EST 2008

On Dec 21, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> I just tried compiling GRASS 7 with OS X. Most went fine. I got a
> few errors
>
> Error in...
> /Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/grass7_src/lib/proj
>
> Doesn't recognize the NAD2BIN environmental variable
> Had to create symlink to /Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Programs/
> nad2bin in /usr/local
> Then it compiled OK

Or add /Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Programs to your PATH.  I
guess that's why I haven't had a problem with it.

Ah, the lib/proj makefile was changed - include lib.make was moved to
the top, when it should be after the NAD2BIN line in the makefile.  So
NAD2BIN = nad2bin now overrides platform.make's NAD2BIN, instead of
the other way around.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy