[GRASS-dev] 6.4 Nviz Windows problems

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 17:17:29 EST 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Paul Kelly wrote:
>
>> I had a problem compiling nviz from the 6.4 release branch on Windows,
>> with unrecognised Tcl/Tk symbols. Reverting r32244 to put the Tcl/Tk
>> library flags in among the other library linking flags seems to fix it:
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/32244
>> I haven't committed as I don't understand the reason for that change.
>
> $(XTRA_LDFLAGS) definitely should go after $(ARCH_OBJS) and
> $(SURFLIB). Otherwise, it won't work if either the Tcl/Tk or OpenGL
> libraries are static libraries.

Yes, I was using static Tcl/Tk. Markus has fixed this now and I can
confirm the fix works.

>> Trying to run nviz brings up a further error - see attached -
>> unfortunately no time to look into it further now.
>
> I can't reproduce this. Does the file appear to be valid?

No - it's not there actually. Didn't take much further looking into... the
culprit seems to be r32173:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/32173
(-L option added to find command-line). The Msys find doesn't seem to have
the -L option - but perhaps it is just a version issue? find --version
reports:
GNU find version 4.1

Paul