[GRASS-dev] mac error in GRASS 7 compiling

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Dec 22 18:49:19 EST 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> > You also need to make $(APPDIR)/Info.plist as part of the top-level
> > macosxapp rule. One complication is the need to ensure that $(OBJDIR)
> > is created first, even in parallel builds, and it seems we can't rely
> > upon make (particularly the OSX version) supporting order-only
> > dependencies.
> >
> > I suggest replacing the top-level macosxapp rule with the following:
> >
> > NIBSRC := $(wildcard English.lproj/MainMenu.nib/*)
>
> Will this exclude CVS/SVN hidden files?  IOW, does it behave just like
> "ls" (without the -a flag)?

In glob patterns, "*" doesn't match files or directories which begin
with a dot.

> I'll give this a go.  I assume keep my $(OBJDIR)/* targets?

Yes, keep the existing rules for Info.plist, GRASS.scpt and grass.sh.
You're free to use $(OBJDIR) for your own targets, so long as you
ensure that it gets created and ensure that those rules get invoked
somehow.

> > BTW, is there a reason that main.m isn't called main.c?
> >
> main.m is Objective-C.  Obj-C is needed to create the OSX application
> shell.

Ah. In that case, using $(CC) is less than ideal; configure.in should
really use AC_PROG_OBJC to specifically detect an Objective-C
compiler. Similar issues exist for CFLAGS.