[GRASS-dev] mac error in GRASS 7 compiling

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Dec 23 01:47:42 EST 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> The flags needed and used for the rest of GRASS also apply to Obj-C,
> though I suppose the user could add some bad flags to CFLAGS that
> would mess up the OBJ-C compilation.  Any suggestions for an Obj-C
> flags name?

autoconf uses OBJC for the name of the compiler and OBJCFLAGS for the
flags (default: -g -O2).

> And I suppose support for it would have to be added to
> configure?

Ideally, along with default rules in Compile.make.

Initially, you can just set the variables in the Makefile, equal to CC
and CFLAGS. That way, the user can always override e.g. OBJCFLAGS on
the command line if there's anything problematic in CFLAGS.