[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #128: NVIZ fails to load vector points without other map

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Dec 31 17:38:35 EST 2008

On Dec 31, 2008, at 5:55 AM, GRASS GIS wrote:

> #128: NVIZ fails to load vector points without other map
> --------------------------
> +-------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  neteler      |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>      Type:  defect       |      Status:  reopened
> Component:  NVIZ         |     Version:  svn-trunk
> Resolution:               |    Keywords:  nviz
>  Platform:  Unspecified  |         Cpu:  Unspecified
> --------------------------
> +-------------------------------------------------
> Changes (by marisn):
>
>  * status:  closed => reopened
>  * resolution:  worksforme =>
>
> Comment:
>
> This bug still is NOT fixed. Reproduceable with recent 6.4 release
> branch.
> Michael: You are using wrong steps to reproduce this issue. Please use
> following steps:
> {{{
> v.random -z output=point3d n=100 zmin=1000 zmax=2000
> nviz points=point3d

I'm not sure that this is supposed to work. Actually, I was surprised
that I could display 3D points without a raster surface using the nviz
-q method. Note that the parameter descriptions call both vector and
point files as "overlay" maps. That is, it is assumed that they will
overlay a surface.

Parameters:
   elevation   Name of raster map(s) for Elevation
       color   Name of raster map(s) for Color
      vector   Name of vector lines/areas overlay map(s)
      points   Name of vector points overlay file(s)
      volume   Name of existing 3d raster map
        path   Set alternative panel path
      script   Execute script file at startup
       state   Load previously saved state file

Michael