[GRASS-dev] Re: Building GRASS/QGIS with MSYS

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Feb 5 05:39:48 EST 2008

> Now the question: is with-libtool necessary for gdal? because there are

It's not. In fact, the GDAL developers recommend turning it off for
MSYS. As a consequence, you have to re-link the GDAL library files
after successful compilation in order to get shared Win32 DLLs.

> some things not clear to me about this passage.. after building gdal
> level one, it says:
>
> ./configure --with-ngpython --with-xerces=/local/ --with-jasper=/local/
> --with-grass=/local/grass-6.3.cvs/ --with-pg=/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config.exe
>
> 1) neither python nor grass and postgresql are install at this step of
> the guide; how could that be? do I really need this "line" and the
> following "sed"?

I guess the guide assumes some software to be available in your MSYS
installation already. Do you require postgresql and python support?

> But also with the following warnings:
>
> configure: warning: *** Unable to locate iconv() function.
> configure: warning: *** Unable to locate socket() function.
> configure: warning: *** --with-opengl=windows is untested.
> I decided to add Tcl/Tk support to be able to test some new grass
> modules I added before to be "qgis ready";

Those are harmless as long as you don't need internationalized messages
in GRASS.

Benjamin
--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.