[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-PSC] GRASS 7 planning

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 07:02:18 EST 2008

Hi all.
Comments in-line.
2008/2/9, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
> I have added the bugtracker links to
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7Planning
>
> If there are patches, they need to be tested and applied.
> If this doesn't happen... we cannot delay forever (luckily higher
> version numbers are yet free :).
>
> > Also there is an unreported bug in NVIZ panel code (switching from
> > "fly" mode to "eye/center" fail), that I will look into within next
> > hours. (Exists in 6.3.0RC4 and current svn trunk)
>
> Thanks for looking into this!
Bug description and possible patch here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/42
Still NVIZ UI needs some loving.

> > I'm NOT proposing to delay 6.3.0. Just pointing out, that current bug
> > tracking system does not reflect current code quality status.
>
> Why do you think so? This would mean than many bugs are missing the
> the trackers? Are you sure about that?

Sorry for being unclear - I was pointing out, that we currently have
three bugtrackers and current code quality can NOT be qualified basing
only on latest(current) bugtracker bugs, as there are some bugs left
in previous trackers.

> > Release 6.3.0 -> make old bugtracker cleaning day -> backport from 6.4
> > -> release 6.3.1 ?
>
> Ideally yes. In the real world the old bugtracker cleaning day didn't happen
> yet although proposed...

Then let's try to make another bug trigage day after 6.3.0 release
(till we succeed).

> Markus

Maris.